Greetings all,

I am pleased to announce the official launch of the LYRASIS DataCite US Community, a national consortium/community of practice for non-profit organizations in the US dedicated to creating and maintaining DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers) for research data, scholarly content, unique cultural heritage materials, and more, via the DataCite DOI registration agency. Similar to our existing ORCID US Community, this new program provides membership cost sharing, dedicated support, and a shared pathway for organizations to support open research infrastructure by using DOIs to make research and scholarly content more FAIR: Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable.

Please join us for a free informational webinar “Introducing the LYRASIS DataCite US Community” to learn more about the benefits of DOIs, participation, and program details:

This program is designed to serve any non-profit institution in the US that is not already a DataCite member, and your organization does not need to be a LYRASIS member to participate. Additional information can be found online at https://www.lyrasis.org/programs/Pages/DataCite-US-Community-Membership.aspx. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions: [log in to unmask]

Many thanks,

Sheila

Sheila Rabun, MA, MLIS  https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1196-6279

Program Leader for Persistent Identifier Communities

ORCID US Community: https://twitter.com/USconsortium

LYRASIS DataCite US Community: https://twitter.com/USDOIconsortium

Phone: 1-800-999-8558 x4809

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Recognize me: https://rescognito.com/0000-0002-1196-6279

I live, work, and learn on Kalapuya Ilihi, the traditional indigenous homeland of the Kalapuya people. Learn more about the Kalapuya people, their history, and the history of this land. Learn about land acknowledgments and ways to be in solidarity with Native nations beyond land acknowledgments.