Hello all,

We are now accepting proposals for the 2021 IIIF Annual Conference, taking place June 22-24 online. The due date for submissions is April 2ndFurther details regarding submissions, including requirements, resources for finding collaborators, and a submission form, can be found on our site: https://iiif.io/news/2021/03/03/CFP/

The Program Committee is looking for proposals in the following forms:

  • 1 to 2 hour regional meetings/showcases (this is a new option for 2021, details on what these may entail here)

  • 6 minute pre-recorded lightning talks

  • 15 minute presentations (plus 5 minutes for questions for a total of 20 minutes)

  • 1 to 1.5 hour open blocks (could be a panel session or series of presentations grouped around a theme)

We encourage showcasing developments in IIIF and are especially interested in developments in the following areas:

  • Experiences implementing version 3.0 of the Image and Presentation APIs

  • IIIF Audio/Visual use cases and implementations

  • IIIF and STEM resources

  • National efforts which include a IIIF component

  • The IIIF implementation spectrum: large-scale or small-scale projects

  • Interoperability in IIIF contexts and beyond

  • Teaching and learning examples and best practices using IIIF resources

  • Implementations of IIIF outside of North America/Europe

  • Annotation, including full-text or academic use cases

  • Discovering IIIF resources

  • IIIF communities (3D, archives, museums, etc.)

  • Linked Open “Usable” Data (LOUD) and IIIF

  • Using IIIF material for Machine Learning and AI

Please reach out to us at [log in to unmask] with any questions.

On behalf of the 2021 Program Committee,
Meg

--
Meg O'Hearn
Community and Events Coordinator