I'm aware of several solutions on campus here:
1. Wowza (https://www.wowza.com/products/streaming-engine), which we host
in the Libraries. It has some ability to authorize, but your reserves
system would have to handle token distribution. They also have a SaaS
product.
2. Streaming Media Hosting (https://streamingmediahosting.com/) which is a
vendor-hosted service that has the ability to authorize (used by other
units).
3. Panopto (https://www.panopto.com/) the "enterprise" service licensed by
central IT and wired into the course management system.

I'm confident that there's also a lot of improvised solutions on campus
using private Vimeo/YouTube, etc.

- Ben