Overview

The New York Public Library is looking for a Program Manager to join our expanding technology training team.  We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who would like to help us assist our patrons in digital skill development.  The NYPL offers technology classes in more than 80 libraries across the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island.  Topics include MS Office, Internet basics, coding languages, graphic design, 3D printing, audio production, video production, podcasting, and more.

Reporting to the Associate Director, the Manager will supervise the implementation of our Office Readiness Series program (ORS (is an enrollment-based adult series that teaches patrons advanced level skills using the Microsoft Office suite of products).  The Manager will supervise seven tech instructors and one instructional designer.

In addition, the Manager will support the wider TechConnect department in the design and implementation of new educational offerings.

Principal Responsibilities

Provides Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting monthly
Manages daily aspects of the program
Helps in recruiting, developing, and managing Technology Instructors
Creates and conducts surveys to evaluate and assess the impact of the program
Curriculum development
Recruitment and retention of students
Initiates outreach with potential partners/organizations to create new instruction opportunities and maintains existing relationships
Assists with budget management
Conducts instructor-led tech classes, as needed
Travels throughout Manhattan, Staten Island and the Bronx as needed
Performs ad-hoc project related duties as required

Required Education & Experience

Bachelor’s degree
Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
Experience teaching/instructing/training adults in technology
Experience with project or program management
Extensive knowledge of Mac and PC platforms
Strong aptitude for learning new and emerging technologies quickly
Demonstrated ability to use and provide assistance for:
Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint & OneDrive
HTML & CSS

Minimum Qualifications

Entrepreneurial spirit: ability to shift gears in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively across many different Library departments
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication & presentation skills
Ability to coordinate work with many different external constituencies
Commitment to diversity and inclusion

Preferred Qualifications

Knowledge of New York metropolitan area
Experience in project management tools
Ability to speak and write Spanish or Chinese

All team members are expected and encouraged to embody the NYPL Core Values:

Be Helpful to patrons and colleagues
Be Resourceful in solving problems
Be Curious in all aspects of your work

Work Environment