Hi.

We have a Tattle-Tape patron-counter and alarm gate that is logged by a commercial software package which pushes the numbers to a cloud service, and I feel like the software/cloud service is too complicated and expensive for what it does.  The cost/complexity is probably fine for more complicated systems with RFID or at larger scales, but not for a simple gate count.  The gate has an integrated webpage with current total counts on it, and I'm hoping to build an app to harvest the counts and build reports on the fly and/or email them on a schedule.  I don't see how it can be all that difficult (famous last words).

I don't want to re-invent the wheel if it's not needed, so I'm wondering if anyone here has done (or knows of) something similar and is willing to share?

Thanks,
Erich

--
Erich Hammer            Head of Library Systems
[log in to unmask]         University Libraries

"Religion is a magic device for turning unanswerable
questions into unquestionable answers."   -- Art Gecko