University surplus? Even some place that has a large records capacity in microfilm might have surplus? Neighboring states?

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Martin, Will
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 2:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXT] [CODE4LIB] Inexpensive microfilm readers?

APL external email warning: Verify sender [log in to unmask] before clicking links or attachments

We have a faculty member from our History department who is looking to purchase a microfilm reader for use in his office.  He has a budget of $4,000.

The closest we've found is a Micro-Image Capture 9.[1] But closer reading revealed that the base model is microfiche only, and adding the ability to handle microfilm adds $1800 to the price and pushes it well out of budget.

Any suggestions?

Will Martin

Head of Digital Initiatives, Systems and Services Chester Fritz Library University of North Dakota

701.777.4638

[1] https://www.microfilmworld.com/micro-imagecapture9digitalmicrofichemicrofilmreaderscanner18mpusb20connectivitywindows7810.aspx