Dear colleagues,

Thanks again for some of you serving as participants for this IMLS funded project "Digital Library Accessibility and Usability Guidelines (DLAUG) to Support Blind and Visually Impaired Users." With your support, the project is completed.  We have conducted user studies, created the guidelines based on the problems that BVI users encountered in their interactions with DLs, conducted the survey with three groups of stakeholders for the draft of the guidelines, had DL developers assessed the existing DLs based on the guidelines, ran focus groups, implemented the changes for the guidelines based on suggestions from consultants, users, scholars/experts, and developers. You can find the DLAUG on the project site.

Here is the url for the site:
https://sites.uwm.edu/guidelines/

We have presented the guidelines and associated appendixes.  Additionally, we added the option to download the complete guidelines in PDF format.

Please help us promote the DLAUG and solicit feedback to further improve the guidelines.

Thanks again.

Iris

Iris Xie, Ph.D.
Professor