The NDSA Communications and Publications Working Group (CAPs) was created in 2020 to address the ongoing needs with managing activities across all Interest and Working groups as well as assisting Leadership with documentation and processes.

Over the past year we have made great progress in developing documentation for many of the most common processes including how to write and share blog posts and creating a template for NDSA publications and solidifying a final review process for the publications. Other activities included using the NDSA Twitter account more regularly to share updates and information, work with co-chairs of Interest groups to update the website, and providing templates for behind the scenes work for onboarding new members and co-chairs.

Our group is small and nimble.  We each take on a specific role that we are interested in (publishing, website development, social media, blog posting, etc) to spread out the work, but also all work to review documentation and assist with the needs of Leadership.  This working group helps the other interest and working groups when needed.

At this point we are looking for 1-2 more people to join us.  While not required, It would be great if interested parties had experience with jekyll websites, social media posting, and enjoy creating and reviewing documentation. We especially welcome participation from international NDSA members and members who have not previously participated in NDSA groups.  For planning purposes we currently meet at 10:00 EST on the first Thursday of each month.

If you are interested in joining us or learning more about our work, please contact Carol Kussmann ([log in to unmask]).

Have a great weekend.

Best, Carol Kussmann

on behalf of the CAPs working group

--