Hi Jim,

I've also been interested in custom projects using RFID equipment and that one in particular.

From what I understand, Feig has a free tool with basic functionality. It's meant for testing and configuration but I think if your project is not too complicated, it could be useful. You are probably already familiar with that.

There is also an SDK that you can buy from Feig.  It has libraries for Java, C++ and .Net.  I was not able to see the full API without buying it but  you can find an overview:
https://www.feig.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Downloads/Datenblaetter/Data_Sheet_Software_Development_Kit_GEN3.pdf.  The last quote I got from a vendor was $850 for that. I assume that is a perpetual license.

There is also an open-source project, but from what can tell, there hasn't been much activity in many years so it didn't seem like a viable option.

I don’t know if that helps. I haven't tried either of them.  If you end up using them, I'd be interested to know how it comes out.

Brent

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Jim Novy
Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 12:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Parsing Library RFID Data?

Good afternoon,

I've got a FEIG PRH200 RFID inventory wand and, though the hardware works fine, the software we bought from our vendor leaves much to be desired.  I was able to work through capturing the wand commands using Wireshark and am able to independently grab the raw tag data off of it, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to parse the raw tag data once I have it.  Per the vendor, the tags are encoded in the ISO format.

Is anyone aware of a programming library out there that will make parsing the item ID from raw tag data easy for me?  Or a resource that documents it decently?

Thanks,
Jim