Colleagues,

What does your library do to handle reservations/checkouts of Library of Things (LOT) items? My library has a LOT which lets patrons borrow equipment, tools, board games, etc. Presently, our patrons make reservations for these items not in our ILS (Koha), but in rental company software called MyTurn. We use reservation software instead of our ILS because we want our patrons to be able to reserve LOT items for specific dates and times and because our ILS has no way of collecting a patron's digital signature on contracts we require to be signed.

MyTurn is not currently meeting our needs and we're looking for another solution. Again, what does your library do to handle reservations/checkout of LOT items? Maybe your organization uses MyTurn and you know a few tricks to make it more user friendly?

Thank you,
Christopher Davis
Jackson County Library Services