From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of charles
meyer
Sent: Thursday, July 1, 2021 12:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Web site builder - checklist

Hi my esteemed listmates,

I'm so sorry for the barrage but now that our library is in another stage of
opening we have a plethora of issues we're addressing.

Our "Friends of the Library" NPO wants to have a Web site.

They are great people but not that tech oriented so I've narrowed down their
web site builder and hosting choices as follows:

1 Wix
2 SquareSpace
3 Go Daddy
4 Wordpress.com

Have you developed any Web sites or helped your "Friends of the Library"
with their Web sites?

If so, might you please share any checklist for features, functions, factors
to consider in choosing a Web site builder/host?

Ex. How much bandwidth - storage space needed? Has SSL certificate?

I've Googled this and there doesn't seem to be any "vetting" organization
which shares checklists of what to look for in a web site builder/hosting
co.

I found "reviews" but each reviewer seems to have a leaning - e.g.
WordPress preferences, Wix choice, etc. so the reviews seeme a tad skewed.

Thank you so much!

Best,

Charles.