Scusi, the post I recalled was actually from the WEB4LIB list...

From: Diane K. Kovacs <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 12:25 PM
Subject: [WEB4LIB] IS590WDO Summer & Fall 2018 Asking for Web Design
Projects for Beginning Students - again - for UIUC iSchool
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you again for your good projects and participation over the past 15
years!  :)

I'm happily, again, teaching IS590WDO Web Design and Construction for
Organizations" for the UIUC iSchool for Summer and Fall 2018. We cover
HTML5, CSS3, Usability, Accessibility, User-Centered Design principles,
Technology options, etc.

I require each student to work with a 'client' to redesign an existing or
design a new Web site for a non-profit organization, preferably a special,
academic, school, or public library, or library organization, but other
organizations or even for profit small business sites are welcomed. The
Summer 2018 semester is May 14 - August 2, 2018. The Fall 2018
semester is August
27 - December 12, 2018 .

My students are mainly library (iSchool) school students who are just
beginning with Web Design, HTML5 and CSS3.

What we are looking for is small scale redesign projects, e.g., one area of
a larger site - or a new design for a special patron group.

Students will provide for you an example or dummy site constructed with
simple HTML5 and CSS3, that you may choose to use or not use. They will
also choose an open source CMS or template site as a secondary option to
implement your example or dummy site design. That also you may choose to
use or not use. (e.g, Wordpress, Googlesites, Weebly, etc.)

Please NOTE:
We cannot work with anyone who is looking for Web development (e.g.,
PHP/Python programming, Mysql or other database management, server
maintenance, proprietary content management systems, etc.) and We cannot
work with those who merely want link-checking, spell-checking, and general
clerical work.

I cannot guarantee that any of my students will choose your projects. Also,
it is possible we could take on some larger scale projects, the students
may form teams to work on them.

Students may also choose the library they currently work in or a non-profit
organization known to them to work with. So, if you would like to be on the
list of projects for my students to consider please email me with the
following information:

1. Contact person(s) with email and telephone numbers (this would be the
'client' that students are expected to interview and interact with
cooperatively to come up with design options)

2. The URL of the current Web site (if there is one - otherwise URL of the
overall site associated with your organization)

3. Brief description of what you would like to have done with the site.

4. A commitment by the contact person(s) to be available by email or during
the Summer and/or Fall 2017 semesters to work with my students.
Availability of a contact person is critical.

I will respond to you with additional questions and/or whether your project
fits our scope in terms of time and expertise of students and verify you
want to be on the list.

Thank you!
Diane
--

*Diane K. Kovacs - Librarian at Large and Web Teacher *-
http://www.kovacs.com/dianevitae.html

John Lolis
Coordinator of Computer Systems

100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY  10601

tel: 1.914.422.1497
fax: 1.914.422.1452

https://whiteplainslibrary.org/

*When you think about it, *all* security is ultimately security by
ignorance.*