All,

I'm presenting about DCTAP, the tabular application profile model,[0] at
LD4 on Friday, 11:00 EDT. For those who may not be attending, and those
who might want to get a jump start, I want to give you this information
about the Python program that can take the profile table (saved as CSV)
and output either JSON or YAML. The program does some mild validation
and gives warnings if it encounters problems, such as unknown headers.

This work is in its own github repo [1] and you'll find that there is
quite thorough documentation.[2] Installing the program is a single-line
pip command.[3] Using the configuration file [4] you can do some
customization of a profile, including adding your own columns to meet
your needs.

We welcome comments on this work; feel free to open github issues in
either repo with questions or suggestions.

Thanks,

kc

[0] https://github.com/dcmi/dctap

[1] https://github.com/dcmi/dctap-python