> ...We have our next LD4 Wikidata Affinity Group Call on Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 16:00 UTC / 6pm CEST (Time zone converter<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.timeanddate.com_worldclock_converter.html-3Fiso-3D20210727T160000-26p1-3Dtz-5Fpt-26p2-3Dtz-5Fet-26p3-3D1440-26p4-3Dtz-5Fcest&d=DwMFaQ&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=ZKZdijZcvSwDlmLpUMf9GVdOigjGjnqPOHQla31EGfM&m=7nMQLWqVJ4OxQJm74AtoXDNqiF8kv2UlbL7lsTc-mb8&s=zNxuQPYabaWEBHp_3E_ufVPtA26sLBoIOiNxtaKgFuY&e=>)...

<soapbox>Increasingly my email is filled with enhanced URLs like the one above. Personally, I find these things to be an egregious violation of my personal and professional privacy because I know they can be used to count & tabulate what links get clicked on and by whom. Our local office of information technology has turned on this feature across the whole of the University's Gmail implementation, and it is an all or nothing sort of configuration. Sure, there is a price for safety, against phishing, etc., but I find the price to be very high. Moreover, as a librarian, what is the canonical URL in the link above? What link should I share with my friends and colleagues? The whole thing makes me sad. Who needs 1984's Big Brother when we do it to ourselves?</soapbox> --Eric Morgan, University of Notre Dame