I had to experiment some to get this right.  The main Python file imports the individual files with the commands and then calls the add_command() method to register the commands.  In each individual command, the 'click' package is imported and then the command definition decorator (and the pass-context-object decorator) is added to the function call.

One difficulty I ran into was having a function act as both a CLI command and as a function that can be called by other modules.  The function calls need to be distinct: defining the CLI command (which is basically a wrapper for the function that does the work) and then the function itself.  This same file also has an example of the "Click Group" setup, which is then what is added to the top-level Click structure.

Hope this helps.

Peter