Apologies for duplication.

The Midwest Data Librarian Symposium<https://mwdatalibrariansymposium.wordpress.com/> invites proposals for its second virtual symposium, taking place on October 18-20, 2021

Theme: Open and Emerging from the Pandemic

The Midwest Data Librarian Symposium (MDLS) is an unconference for data and librarians. MDLS is intended to enable Midwestern librarians who work with research data management issues the chance to network; however, it is open to all who wish to attend, including data professionals and those situated outside the Midwest.

MLDS 2021 will be a virtual event taking place over three afternoons. Given community feedback on the virtual nature of this year's symposium, MDLS will look a bit more like a traditional conference, but will still deliver plenty of networking time and engaging content.

The planning committee seeks submissions for presentations for session panels and lightning talks. We've come up with the following ideas listed below but don't feel restricted by them. We encourage presenters from any roles that support research data to apply. The planning committee also seeks community volunteers to serve as mentors, facilitators, and note-takers.

  *   Building the Midwest data librarian/data professional community
  *   Welcoming new data librarians and data professionals
  *   COVID: Decompression from COVID; what have we learned/built during COVID times?
  *   Data Librarian vs Data Scientist- The data librarian's role? What is it? How has it changed?
  *   Data and Social Justice
  *   Learning from our mistakes
  *   Other ideas are encouraged

Proposals are due by 5 pm CST on August 16, 2021
If you are submitting more than one proposal, please submit one form per proposal.

Link listed below
https://forms.gle/9e5ZW7qMivx1Fwcz5

Best,
Heather

--
Heather Shimon (she/her/hers) | Science & Engineering Librarian
Science & Engineering Libraries | Steenbock Library