Dear Colleagues,

Educopia Institute is pleased to share a new job announcement!

We are now hiring a Business Manager
<https://educopia.org/business-manager-2021> to oversee our financial
systems and to support future business development.

Reporting to the Executive Director, the Business Manager provides
financial leadership for our dynamic nonprofit organization -- bearing
responsibility for financial reporting, business procedures, ensuring
compliance with laws and regulations, and managing three team members
(part-time Human Resources Manager, part-time Data Manager, and full-time
Administrative Coordinator). Areas of focus for this position during the
first year of employment include auditing our current business policies and
processes in order to ensure alignment between fiscal operations and
strategic priorities; analyzing our data landscape through a business lens;
and determining how to best leverage reporting and planning functionality
in our existing financial systems. The Business Manager works closely with
a national accounting firm on payroll, invoicing, and financial reporting.
Ideal candidates will have experience with Bill.com and Intacct. Ideal
candidates are passionate about upholding best practices in social sector
business management and continuous improvement. We expect all candidates to
demonstrate empathy and intentionality in their interpersonal communication.

The salary range for this position is $65 - 75k/year, commensurate with
experience, with additional funding for professional development and
travel. Benefits include 24 vacation days per year (accruing monthly) and
10 paid holidays, as well as insurance options and retirement match
options. The person hired in this role will also be provided with a
computer stipend to set up their remote workspace.

Educopia supports its staff members in developing their professional
skills. Professional development may include third-party training or
workshops, staff-to-staff training and peer learning, and encouragement to
read/research tools and resources that will contribute to their
professional success.

To apply: please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional
references to Emma de Francisco <[log in to unmask]>.

We will begin reviewing applications on September 22, 2021 and we will
continue to welcome applications until the position is filled.

Educopia Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. We also believe that traditional hiring
and recruitment practices disproportionately impact the most marginalized
people in society in negative ways, including people of color, people from
working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA people. Because we believe
that collective action is most powerful in creating change when it is
informed by many different lived experiences, we strongly encourage
applications from people with these identities or who are members of other
marginalized communities.

To receive future job postings and other news from Educopia Institute, sign
up for our quarterly newsletter <https://educopia.org/subscribe/>.

With best wishes,

Hannah

--