Dear colleagues,

Earlier this year, in an effort to empower collaborative communities to
grow and share knowledge, Educopia published the first guide in a series of
entirely open tools, templates, and guidance documentation to help
communities navigate common challenges encountered as they are forming.
We’re excited to share the next addition to our Community Cultivation
Resource Library, Governance in Formation: Identifying Priorities for
Action and Making Decisions <https://educopia.org/cultivation/>.

After communities establish their purpose and shared goals, the question of
how the community will organize, make decisions, and set expectations for
members and partners becomes central to their growth and maturation. Governance
in Formation provides the tools for a community to take on this work,
determine priorities, and move forward with actionable next steps toward
their shared goals. Using a series of structured activities and templates,
a facilitator (community manager, project director, or other convener) can
identify action priorities for Community Formation and determine how
community leadership will distribute accountability for advancing those
priorities.

About the Educopia Community Cultivation Resource Library

Educopia Institute’s Community Cultivation Resource Library is a growing,
open access set of tools, templates, and guidance documentation intended to
support facilitators and leaders of groups, communities, and organizations
of all kinds. Each resource attends to a common challenge or milestone that
Educopia has helped many communities to successfully navigate.

Additional facilitator’s guides and resources are scheduled for future
release at Educopia.org/cultivation <http://educopia.org/cultivation>.

If you are interested in receiving updates from Educopia when similar
resources are released, sign up for our mailing list
<https://educopia.org/subscribe/>.

All my best,
Hannah
--