Emily,

We're using a shared folder in LastPass Enterprise (licensed for our entire
institution; the library didn't adopt it alone as a solution to this
problem, and I have no idea if it would be remotely cost-effective to do
so...) at the moment.

Before our migration to Alma, we had a homegrown ERM system where we stored
all of the credentials. In theory it could have hidden the credentials from
users with a lower level of privileges but in practice the only users of
the ERM system were the same people who needed to share the passwords.

Before creating the ERM system, we had an excel spreadsheet on a novell
shared drive.