Hello,

We would like to invite you to a public symposium hosted by the Visualizing the Future (https://visualizingthefuture.github.io/) grant (IMLS RE-73-18-0059-18). Visualizing the Future is an IMLS National Forum Grant to develop a literacy-based instructional and research agenda for library and information professionals with the aim to create a community of praxis focused on data visualization.

The public symposium (https://visualizingthefuture.github.io/symposium/) will be held from Wednesday, November 3 to Friday, November 5. Events will include:

* Reports on grant projects related to visualization in libraries
* Keynote presentation by Jonathan O. Cain (http://walecain.com/)
* Small group discussion opportunities
* Lightning talks on projects and visualization topics
* Full group discussion (Viz and Tell) on organizing the library visualization community
* Social activities
* Half-day workshop (https://visualizingthefuture.github.io/symposium/workshop/) on curriculum planning

All events will be virtual and available at no cost. If you can’t make one or more events, we plan to record and share all recordings publicly. See our website (https://visualizingthefuture.github.io/symposium/) for more details.

Register for the Wednesday and Thursday symposium events to get connection details and updated schedule information.
https://duke.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIucOiupj4uE9brEQ94y1qOmJedEunS1YuE

Register separately for the Friday workshop (attendance cap of 40).
https://duke.libcal.com/event/8422973

We hope to see you “there”!

You can read more about the grant on our website https://visualizingthefuture.github.io

From the Visualizing the Future Organizers:

Project Director
Justin Joque, Ph.D. (University of Michigan)

Project Co-Directors
Andrzej Rutkowski, M.A., M.S. (University of Southern California)
Angela Zoss, Ph.D. (Duke University)

Email project directors: [log in to unmask]