Hi all,

I want to share an upcoming conference opportunity at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the 2022 Data Science Research Bazaar.

Data and Communities: Sharing and Protecting Data
UW-Madison’s 2022 Data Science Research Bazaar<https://datascience.wisc.edu/data-science-research-bazaar/> is an event throughout February 2022 where researchers, data scientists, and other data/computational professionals from various disciplines and industries will have opportunities to share their work, collaborate, and discuss their data science interests.

With a focus on data and communities, the 2022 Data Science Research Bazaar theme encompasses and addresses:

  *   How communities share, protect, and validate data
  *   How communities are represented in, and impacted by, data
  *   Development and use of open datasets/code/curricula
  *   Use of open resources as a catalyst for community-building
  *   Data ethics (privacy concerns, data rights, bias, etc.)
  *   Methodologies, uses, and communication about data
  *   And more!

We’re seeking submissions, with in-person and virtual options. The conference will feature lightning talks, posters, interactive discussions, workshops, and an art-meets-science exhibit. We welcome presentations from researchers and data scientists from all disciplines, industries, and career stages, including students. With the exception of art submissions (due January 3rd, 2022), proposals are due November 30th, 2021. See below to find the submission forms for each presentation type.

  *   Lightning Talks<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1m3jldHDrieo_5dRkPSRt4zy8Hkw4XppXqadVDJqbiIc/edit>
  *   Poster Sessions<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1M0BLrmHhfI0FDC_iQc3sVTX92gLqgSJg3lUuuoNrCiM/edit>
  *   Interactive Discussions<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j4j1KoBgfzXP9WGjJySqa9HgDNVVm96Amx7mxOb8bB8/edit>
  *   Workshops<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RWEXranoFEZ-GYX60Rw8dPKuHsTFgxjnK-myaQ-RkMY/edit>
  *   Art Meets Science<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vU6YQ-xTbzH4B0PR_lnMsnTDMqs6rYZ2tBuG8cUHpSQ/edit>

If you have any questions about submitting a proposal to present at the Research Bazaar, feel free to reach out to me or to send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thanks,
Clare

Clare Michaud
Data Management Facilitator