DLF colleagues,

The transition of the architectural design, construction, and facilities management fields towards digital workflows and data has complicated the archival desire to collect, preserve, and make available these important components of the cultural record.  The Frances Loeb Library at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design had been investigating the issues – curatorial, technical, legal – surrounding responsible stewardship of digital design data through its IMLS-funded Building for Tomorrow project.  Background on the project as well as its final recommendations are now available in a White Paper.  To learn more, we invite you to our Birds-of-a-Feather Session during the DLF Forum on Monday, November 1st at 1:30 pm ET.  We’re looking forward to the discussion!

Best,

Ann Whiteside

Stephen Abrams

Sara Rogers

Ann Whiteside (she, her, hers)

Assistant Dean for Information Services

Harvard University Graduate School of Design/48 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA 02138