Mark your calendars now for our November educational events, starting with
our monthly webinar on November 10, Working with Semantics: Technology and
Tools
<http://www.niso.org/events/2021/11/working-semantics-technology-and-tools>.
The following week sees both the second in our series of free DEIA
webinars, Metadata to Support Accessibility
<https://www.niso.org/events/2021/10/niso-deia-workshops> (November 15) and
our November virtual conference on the topic of Open Research
<https://www.niso.org/events/2021/11/open-research>. Please be sure to mark
your own calendars and also share this information with your colleagues!

Webinar — Working with Semantics: Technology and Tools
<http://www.niso.org/events/2021/11/working-semantics-technology-and-tools>
(FREE for NISO members)

Wednesday November 10, 11.00am - 12.30pm (ET Canada/USA)

Today’s sophisticated information resources are engineered in ways that
emphasize relationships between related but disparate data elements. This
webinar will focus on the emerging techniques and technologies that support
these functionalities. A roundtable of information professionals and
developers will discuss the theory and practice of building smart systems
in service to the information and research communities. Confirmed speakers
include (among others): Heather Heddon, Independent Consultant; Margie Hlava,
Access Innovation; and Simeon Warner, Cornell University.

Non-NISO members, please register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-webinar-working-with-semantics-technology-and-tools-registration-129371229831>

Webinar — Metadata to Support Accessibility
<https://www.niso.org/events/2021/10/niso-deia-workshops> (FREE)

Monday November 15, 9.30 - 11.00am and 8.00 - 9.30pm (both ET Canada/USA)

This is the second webinar in a series of three, organized by our DEIA
Committee, each covering a different aspect of metadata to support
diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. The focus this time will
be on metadata for accessibility, and our keynote speaker will be George
Kerscher of the DAISY Consortium. This webinar is free and open to all, but
registration is required.

Please register here to receive joining instructions:

9.30 - 11.00am
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-deia-workshop-2-metadata-and-accessibility-930am-1130am-et-tickets-169628472327>
(ET)

8.00 - 9.30pm
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-deia-workshop-2-metadata-and-accessibility-8pm-10pm-et-tickets-169641300697>
(ET)

Virtual Conference — Open Research
<https://www.niso.org/events/2021/11/open-research> (DISCOUNT FOR NISO
MEMBERS)

Wednesday November 17, 12.00 - 4.00pm (ET Canada/USA)

Open research — making the entire research process more transparent, and
results more accessible, in the interest of reproducibility and
verification — continues to gain momentum globally.. This event will look
at the current state of open research around the world, examine needs
across different communities, and identify next steps that might be useful
in helping to meet those needs. Speaker information will be available on
the event page <https://www.niso.org/events/2021/11/open-research> nearer
the time.

Register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-virtual-conference-open-research-registration-129926952011>
— registration includes unlimited attendees from the same organization
(discounted for NISO members)

We hope to see you and your colleagues at one or more of our November
events — as always, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [log in to unmask]
if you have any questions.

Best wishes

The NISO Team

NISO