From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Hammer, Erich F <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 1:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Analytics naming conventions

Hi.

We have (belatedly) realized that we would be much better off with a firm naming convention for our Alma analytics reports.  Currently, it's rather chaotic and nobody can identify what is important and what is left-over junk except (sometimes) the individual creators.

There are a few discussions about analytics naming conventions online, but they are focused on ecommerce sites.  We can use some of their thinking to create our own convention, but I thought maybe my job could be a bit easier if someone else has already done this.  ☺

So... Does anyone here have a working, analytics-reports, naming convention (and are willing to share it)?

Thanks,
Erich

--
Erich Hammer            Head of Library Systems
[log in to unmask]         University Libraries

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
                                      -- Carl Sagan