From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Jonathan Sutherland
Sent: Thursday, 4 November 2021 2:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Analytics naming conventions

Hi, Erich.

We just use a code prefix for every 'public' report (i.e. ones we intend to expose to staff via analytics objects). The code represents the Alma Analytics subject area (e.g. 'FUE-01 - Acquisitions Budget Summary' would use the 'Funds Expenditure' subject area.

For the analytics object title, we drop the code prefix and use a more easily understandable prefix to group them within the Alma UI Analytics menu (e.g. 'BUDGET: Acquisitions Budget Summary').

Jonathan Sutherland

Collection Development Analyst & Developer

University of Waterloo Library