It was ages ago but I used to use Camtasia to create gifs from videos, and I think it let you edit the speed. Not sure how that would work with an already-gif. You might have to screen capture the gif as a video, and then edit it and and produce it as a new gif, which I know sounds nuts, but unless you created the gif in something like fireworks and still have the original file with all the layers (old school gif-making style yo!)….. I also use several iPhone apps that might could do the trick but you’d lose image quality and possibly gain a watermark.

-val