I don’t think I’ve created an animated GIF in almost 20 years, so don’t remember what I used back then.

But I know ImageMagick will let you make them, and it’s free.  I just don’t know if it will let you extract the individual frames and/or modify an existing GIFa.

-Joe

Sent from a mobile device with a crappy on screen keyboard and obnoxious "autocorrect"