Hi,
I'm looking for suggestions of a metadata editor to use that can edit embedded metadata in files - like Windows finder used to do.   I want to be able to edit metadata in bulk, like can be done with Adobe Bridge, but without needing such a complex / elaborate system.  I have in mind something like ExifTool GUI  but for Word, PDF, etc (office type documents) instead of images.

Ideally, I would like such a tool to be usable for a Mac ... but in Mac Finder the metadata is sidecar and I want to embed the metadata into existing fields (creator, title, copyright, tags, description, etc.) b/c over time, I don't want to rely on the sidecar metadata when the files are transferred to a Windows operating system.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thank you !!

Kari R. Smith
Department of Distinctive Collections
Libraries, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

**My working hours are 9-5 Monday and Tuesdays and 9-1 on Thursdays. **
Please contact my colleagues using the web form https://mit-ddc.libanswers.com/ask-ddc