From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Julien Tremblay McLellan
Sent: Friday, 3 December 2021 6:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Automating Copyright management for scanned requests

Caution: This email originated from outside our organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an idea how I can figure out if a scan request is compliant when patrons request chapters from a book.

We are on Alma but I don't have API access. Looking to hack together a script to discover if chapters X and Y are less then 10% of the book.

Any ideas sometimes Amazon and google have the book's table of contents.
Are there any other tools ? Books range from 1900s to present.

I have page count in the 300 a marc21 tag.

All ideas are welcome I'm a bit stuck.

"The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be confidential and/or subject to copyright. Any unauthorised use, distribution, or copying of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail or telephone and then delete this e-mail together with all attachments from your system."