I'm hoping that somebody could provide me with some guidelines regarding
what is considered best practice for storing evidence that copyright
approval has been granted for items shared on an open access repository.

Currently, we have a DSpace repository and, when an item is submitted, a
'license agreement' is attached, according to which, the author grants a
non-exclusive distribution licence to the repository to reproduce,
translate and or distribute the submission. However, the submissions are
not done by the authors, but by other staff on their behalf. Does this
licence have any validity?

Also, for journal articles that have been published elsewhere, library
staff check Sherpa/ROMEO to verify the journal's policies. But that outcome
is not recorded anywhere. Should we be attaching a screenshot of the
Sherpa/ROMEO advice to every journal article item?

I'd love to know what other libraries are doing.

Sean