I am using a similar static web generator for our library website. We use
Hugo and use the Github workflow to compile it into HTML and host it on
Cloudflare CDN. We also have a Netlify CMS setup for easy editing of the
content. I do have to setup login system for Netlify CMS on Heroku. But at
the same time all the dynamic portion of the website is also on Heroku.

Kun Lin

Systems and Applications Librarian
Whitman College