I may not necessarily be the best person to answer your question as I'm
only a novice language learner, but I've been learning Spanish on DuoLingo
[0]. I'm not sure if it teaches conversationally, but it is cost-free and
fun! They claim it is effective, and also have values of opening up global
opportunities through English proficiency. It was started by a Duke
alumnus, so what's not to like?

[0] https://duolingo.com

In fact, I recommend it to everyone, there are so many languages to learn
on Duo! And even if you're not interested in learning a language, you
should definitely watch the duocon talk by Sohla El-Waylly [1] and learn
how to make tapioca cheese puffs; you won't be disappointed! (there were
other talks about language-related things too)

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiG2hmffnYk&list=PLWUHlUvSOzeNUJG6x3tuJiiXSOXpg2vIt&index=7

Best,
Jack