Please join us, the Core Linked Data Interest Group (LDIG)<https://connect.ala.org/core/communities/community-home?CommunityKey=0816d8b7-c189-423a-b728-4b5ded2a39e5>, Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 10AM CST to learn how staff at Cornell University and Stanford University leveraged linked data to enhance a production discovery system for its patrons.

Title: Soldering the links: our path to integrating linked data for discovery
Speakers: Huda Khan, Cornell University; Steven Folsom, Cornell University; Astrid Usong, Stanford University
Description:  In late December 2021, Cornell University used linked data to supplement the author knowledge panel and author and subject description pages in the library catalog.  In this presentation, we will describe how this integration resulted from explorations in the Linked Data for Production: Closing the Loop grant.   Cornell and Stanford collaborated on the exploratory phase of this work.  We will review the overall process of getting Cornell stakeholder feedback to decide which data points and features to include in the catalog.

Date: Wednesday, March 9th, 2022
Time: 10am-11am (CST) / 11am-12pm (EST) / 8am-9am (PST)

Registration<https://ala-events.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAvcO-tpzIpGdLMvzm7iYIma1IpuTQr46mk> is free, although there is a limit of 300 participants.

Be sure to check out ALA Core's full Interest Week schedule<https://www.ala.org/core/continuing-education/interest-group-week>.

We look forward to seeing you!

--
Kevin Ford, Library of Congress
Benjamin Riesenberg, University of Washington Libraries