Greetings DLF,

The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) and the Visual Resources Association Foundation (VRAF), along with the SEI 2022 Implementation Team, are pleased to announce the Samuel H. Kress Foundation Scholarships for the 2022 Summer Educational Institute for Digital Stewardship of Visual Information (SEI), to be held online Monday, June 20–Friday 24, 2022.

CURRICULUM

This intensive workshop is designed to serve a wide range of information professionals eager to learn about best practices and new technologies and/or update job skills in the realm of digital collections management, as well as to provide significant networking and professional development opportunities. The comprehensive curriculum seeks to address the requirements of today's cultural heritage information professionals, including hands-on and lecture modules presented by expert instructors. SEI provides new professionals, current library school students, and mid-career professionals from a wide range of related fields the opportunity to stay current in an ever-evolving digital landscape. Museum professionals, archivists, visual resources professionals, digital librarians, art and architecture librarians, digital project managers, current and recent graduate students, and others in related fields are all encouraged to attend. This intensive workshop, held over five days, features a curriculum taught by expert instructors who cover:

SCHOLARSHIPS

The Samuel H. Kress Foundation is once again generously funding scholarships for SEI 2022. This year, due to the reduced registration fee for the online workshop, we can fund more scholarships than in previous years.

Details:

A note on successful applications:

In addition to asking for brief biographical information, the application form will ask applicants to share a brief statement (200 words or less) about the effect attending SEI would have on your studies and/or your career. We encourage you to be as specific as possible in your statement: please tell us how certain SEI workshops or events will directly benefit the work you do in your collection or academic program. We look forward to reading your statement!

Timeline:

How to apply:

REGISTRATION

Registration rates for SEI 2022 will be $225 for members of ARLIS/NA and VRA and $250 for non-members. SEI 2022 will be capped at 50 attendees. Registration will open on Wednesday, March 23, 2022.

Best wishes,

Bridget Madden, SEI 2022 Co-Chair

Jasmine Burns, SEI 2022 Co-Chair

Bridget Madden (she/her)

Associate Director, Visual Resources Center

The University of Chicago Department of Art History

5540 South Greenwood Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637

http://vrc.uchicago.edu | @uchicagovrc

Book an appointment

The VRC is committed to accessibility for all of our services and resources. However, our office is located on the second floor of Cochrane-Woods Art Center and accessible only by stairs. If you need an accommodation to access VRC equipment or services, please email [log in to unmask]