Dear all,

The Open Preservation Foundation is pleased to share the first release
candidate for fido 1.6.0.

Fido <https://openpreservation.org/products/fido/> (Format Identification
for Digital Objects) is an open-source command-line tool to identify the
file formats of digital objects and part of the OPF reference toolset
<https://openpreservation.org/products/opf-reference-toolset/>.

We invite you to download and test the release candidate. If you experience
a problem please report it on the Fido issue tracker on GitHub
<https://github.com/openpreserve/fido/issues> or contact us
<https://openpreservation.org/contact/>. We will continue to test the
release candidate internally, and there may be a few small changes before
the public production release.

Read more about the release.
<https://openpreservation.org/news/fido-1-6-0-release-candidate-out-now/>

Best wishes,

Charlotte

--
Charlotte Armstrong | Content Manager | Open Preservation Foundation
<https://openpreservation.org/> | Twitter: @openpreserve

Please note: My OPF working days are Thursday and Friday. Please bear with
me if I don't reply to your email right away.