We’re hiring a Systems Librarian at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. The Systems Librarian will be responsible for the oversight of enterprise library systems including Alma/Primo, ILLiad, OCLC, EZproxy, and products licensed through the Springshare platform. If you enjoy using technology to solve problems and value a user-centered approach to providing information services, we encourage you to review the full position description and apply: https://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/9656

Interested in UAB or Birmingham but not sure if Systems Librarian is right for you? Check our employment page for other opportunities: https://library.uab.edu/about/employment-opportunities .

Why relocate to Birmingham, Alabama?

Opportunities To Do Meaningful, Impactful Work:

We are embracing change. Part of your job will be to evaluate our current systems configuration to identify opportunities for improvements.

The Systems Librarian will be a leader in a team that is working toward:

Building robust library system integrations across platforms

Improving user experience by evaluating system performance and developing systems enhancements

Contributing to library operations by participating in cross-departmental projects

Opportunities To Grow Your Career:

UAB Libraries aims to be a Learning Organization, where mistakes are seen as opportunities for growth.

In this position, you will develop new skills in librarianship and information technology, particularly products from Ex Libris.

We know that you may not be at UAB forever, and we want to prepare you for the next destination on your career path.

With UAB's Educational Assistance program, you can earn another Master’s degree or PhD while you are here without paying tuition. The university also offers tuition discounts for dependent children of eligible employees.

Work for a Public R1, Be a Part of Something Positive:

UAB, one of the top public R1 universities in Alabama, was recently named "America's Best Large Employer" by Forbes Magazine (https://www.uab.edu/news/campus/item/11852-uab-named-america-s-no-1-best-large-employer-2021-by-forbes)

UAB has won several awards for diversity, and in 2019 was voted among the best colleges for LGBTQ students.

There is still plenty of work to be done, though. Join UAB as we work on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), and join UAB Libraries as we work to preserve the historical and cultural heritage of Birmingham and UAB.

Work-Life Balance, Life in a Small City:

Birmingham has been attracting startups and technology firms in recent years because of our beautiful climate and relatively low cost of living. https://theswitchbham.com/

We have all the cultural and entertainment options that you would expect from a large city without the sprawl.

In the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Birmingham is also perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.

Learn More:

 Apply to the Systems Librarian Position: https://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/9656

About UAB:  https://www.uab.edu/didyouknow/

About Birmingham:

For more information on living and working in Birmingham, Alabama visit the Jefferson County Website: https://www.jccal.org/ or the Birmingham Business Alliance: https://www.birminghambusinessalliance.com/

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/52337-systems-librarian