Dear colleagues,

Since the October release of documentation for our twelve partner libraries, the Library Publishing Workflows project team has been focused on supporting workflow documentation within the wider library publishing community. Today, we are excited to share a set of tools to help you document your journal publishing workflows and use that documentation to reflect on your programs and practices.

The Library Publishing Workflows Documentation and Reflection Tools are a set of guides, reflection tools, worksheets, and other resources to aid library publishers in the documentation and assessment of their library publishing workflows.

The documentation tools will guide you in the work of describing your current publishing workflow:

The reflection tools will help you use that documentation to reflect critically on your practice in a number of areas

We hope that you find these tools useful! They are released under a Creative Commons Attribution license, so you are invited to share and adapt them. We also encourage community members to share your resulting workflow documentation with fellow library publishers. The purpose of the Workflows project is to support peer learning and allow library publishers to build on each others’ work, so we hope to see many more shared workflow documents!

We couldn’t have done this work without the financial support of the IMLS, and without the work of University of Alberta Library, Robert W. Woodruff Library (Atlanta University Center), California Digital Library, Claremont Colleges Library, Columbia University Libraries, Ames Library (Illinois Wesleyan University), University of Michigan Library, Pacific University Libraries, The University Library System at the University of Pittsburgh, Armacost Library (University of Redlands), University Libraries at Virginia Tech, and Wayne State University Libraries.

Best wishes,

Caitlin Perry
Communications and Data Manager
Follow us on Twitter!