On Fri, 17 Jun 2022, charles meyer wrote:

> https://www.makerbot.com/stories/engineering/how-ilm-uses-3d-printing/
>
> This is so cool if you haven't already seen it.
>
> I'd like to watch it offline by downloading it.
>
> It's not a YouTube video so my YT video downloaders don't work.
>
> The add-on to Firefox wont download  it.
>
> What do you use to download non-YT videos?

Despite the name, I've found that youtube-dl [0] works well for a variety
of site, including your makerbot video (thanks for sharing!). I've only
ever used it on the command line and as a plug in to my video player, but
I think there are other interfaces for using it. A quick search turned up
youtube-dl-gui [1] and, yes, even an Emacs interface [2].

[0]: https://yt-dl.org/
[1]: https://mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/
[2]: https://github.com/skeeto/youtube-dl-emacs/

All the best,
Jack
--
Jack Hill
Digital Strategies and Technology — Duke University Libraries