Hi all,

I have a colleague who is looking to track changes in text of a
manuscript that has 4 revisions. Apparently there are pretty major
changes to the content and it would be great to identify them.

I was thinking through tools I'm familiar with (generally line by line
comparisons) but that would seem to have the pitfall of an early large
revision throwing off the comparison for the rest of the text. Another
silly thought was to start up a local wiki instance and overlay each
version; use the built in compare tools... Has anyone worked on a
project like this?  Or are there any tools built and ready to go? Any
guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

David Erlandson | Metadata Analyst | Rice University - Fondren Library
Email: [log in to unmask] | Voice: 713.348.3727 | Fax: 713.348.5862