From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Kyle Banerjee
Sent: Wednesday, 29 June 2022 1:49 am
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Tricking the Dragon

Caution: This email originated from outside our organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Tricking is probably not an option here. What Dragon interacts with (i.e.
64bit system and programs) is probably your limiting factor.

Is there a reason Windows Speech Recognition wouldn't be an option?

Kyle

On Sat, Jun 25, 2022, 7:25 AM charles meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My esteemed listmates,
>

> I have a DVD disc of Dragon Naturally Speaking version 9.
>

> When I load it in my DVD writer/player and it loads I get the message
> it wont run on a 64 bit PC.
>

> Any work-arounds?
>

> Can I “trick” W10 I into thinking it’s a 32 bit application?
>

> I can’t find anyone who’s using dictation software but my doctor
> (bought the medical version of DNS years ago).
>

> If I could find an older 64 bit version of DNS for sale, has anyone
> bought pre=owend software on a reliable site or vendor?
>

> Where does pre-owned software go?
>

> Offshore? Goodwill?
>

> Thank you.
>

> Charles.
>

> Charles Meyer
>
> Charlotte County Public Library
>
> Port Charlotte, FL

"The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be confidential and/or subject to copyright. Any unauthorised use, distribution, or copying of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail or telephone and then delete this e-mail together with all attachments from your system."