Charles,

First, I'm guessing you have no way of knowing, but is it the software itself that won't run, or the installer?  64-bit Windows can run (most) 32-bit software, but in my experience, some of those older, 32-bit software use a 16-bit installer which cannot run on 64-bit systems.  One way around that problem is to find a 32-bit "sacrificial" test machine, install the software and identify where all the various bits and pieces went, then copy all those bits and pieces to a 64-bit machine.  In the past, I did just that for a few ancient, very-expensive, fairly simple scientific software applications, but I certainly wouldn't relish the thought of doing that for something as complex as Dragon Naturally Speaking.

Version 10.1 is the oldest 64-bit-capable version of DNS.  Have you looked into purchasing a newer version?

Obviously, not what you wanted ideally, but you can get versions of DNS > 10.1 on Ebay for under $20.  Personally, I've had good experiences with Ebay (even for software), but I pay close attention to the seller's rating and details of the posting.  For example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295068268450

Not terribly old, and unopened for $33.74 shipped from a seller with excellent ratings but also not so large that they don't care.

That said, my understanding is that the DNS license is per user, not per machine, so that might put a kink in your plans (depending on what they are).

Good luck,
Erich

On Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 10:25, Charles Meyer eloquently inscribed: