Have you looked at Goobi https://www.intranda.com/en/digiverso/

We’ve been using it for a couple years now and I’d be happy to show you what it’s capable of.

Jenn Morris
Digital Imaging Manager
MIT Libraries
617.253.7286

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 22, 2022, at 1:45 PM, Jackson Huang <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello,

At the University of Michigan, we scan books for a variety of repositories
(local digital collections, HathiTrust, etc), and need a new solution for
associating pagination and page labels (title page, table of contents, etc)
with scans.

We used to have a custom-built tool that allowed us to simultaneously view
an image and record that information, associating the filenames with the
appropriate pagination and page tag in a database, which could be then
exported in a variety of formats depending on what we needed. However, our
tool relied on a (very) old version of java, and so we decided that the
tool could no longer be maintained once that version of java was no longer
supported.

We're trying to avoid having to build something ourselves again, especially
for something we imagine other institutions also need. Does anyone have a
page tagging solution that they like?

Features we need:
- an image viewer with the ability to handle large color tiffs and zoom as
needed, to visually verify the pagination/type
- the ability to apply consecutive sequences to multiple files (i.e.
selecting 20 pages for roman numeral pagination starting with iii)
- the ability to set controlled terms for page types (title page, table of
contents, etc)
- record and associate file name, pagination, and page type for all images
of a given volume
- window-compatible

We've tried the pagetagging feature offered by LIMB, the software used by
our digitization unit for image processing, but it doesn't create all the
types of page tags we need and custom labels can only be added manually one
at a time for each image. Additionally, the export formats are geared
towards their cloud service, which isn't that useful for us. We've also
investigated vended options but they haven't been terribly promising.

Any help would be appreciated!

Best,
Jackson Huang
Digital Collections and Content Ingest Coordinator
Library Information Technology
University of Michigan Library
*(they/them/theirs)*