On Jun 9, 2022, at 7:10 PM, charles meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi my esteemed listmates.
>
> I have a glossy brochure form a NPO.
>
> I'm trying to replicate the 2 sided brochure with just card stock until
> we're sent more brochures,
>
> It's 3 " x 7 3/4"
>
> It's not a trifold but has anyone used Publisher for this kind of task?
>
> Other template where this 2 sided brochure could be printed on one sheet of
> cardstock - with 3 of the same photo on one side and 3 of the other photo
> on the flip side?
> Seeking to conserve card stock.

I’ve not specially used Publisher for it (as I’ve never used MS Publisher).  I’ve done this sort of thing in InDesign and PageMaker, as well as in drawing programs (Illustrator, FreeHand, OmniGraffle).

But if you’re dealing with scans, and don’t need to deal with text layout issues, you could use tables in MS Word or similar.  Then adjust margins and column sizes to line the images up on the page.

I typically print onto the lightest weight paper as I can for my tests, so I can use a light box (or hold it up to a window if you don’t have one) and see how the two sides align and adjust as needed.

I would also note that card stock is a royal pain to cut.  If you have a guillotine paper cutter it’s easy, but if you’re working with the standard office paper cutter with a hinged blade on the right side, you have you do very few at a time, or they’ll slip out of alignment and end up with a really ratty looking finished project.  When I’m dealing with large stacks, I use a metal straightedge, clamps, and a snap-blade knife rather than an office paper cutter.

I don’t know where you work, as you’re posting from a gmail account… but if you’re at a university, I’d look to see if there’s a printing or graphics department.  (Administrative department, not educational, although if there’s an educational department, that might work, too).  If they do any printing in-house, they could likely trim your materials for you in a few minutes.

-Joe