Hi my esteemed listmates,

I’m launching a new library contest.

I’d like to be able to sort participants by their given and surnames and
the names of their submitted project names alphabetically and for all the
data included in the respective columns.

I was contemplating this…

Column A = Last name

Column B = First name

Column C = their email address

Column D = their phone number

Column E = their project name

Column F = if they participated before (or first time) in any library
program

Say I wish to sort alphabetically by last or first name or by project name
or by if they’re a 1st time participant, etc.

I’ve learned with Excel it’s best to plan your columns for data before you
start inputting their data.

Would creating a Word Table in 365 be a better tool than Excel for this?

I’m also trying to ensure that if I have the benefit of an online program
(participants register on) I can export that data as a .csv file and that
it will import all these fields into the correct respect columns?

Ex. How do I ensure when I export the online file as a .csv that when it
imports it doesn’t dump all the data into Column A but rather imports the
last name into Column A, first name into Column B, etc.?

Have you had to take extra measures to ensure all the data from an online
program exports correctly into the Columns you’ set up in Excel or tables
in Word?

Thank you!

Charles.

Charles Meyer