On Jun 21, 2022, at 2:44 PM, Kyle Banerjee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My actual objective is to use my phone to perform simple tasks on EC2 assets (ugly, but still very useful). Connections are only permitted via Session Manager or terminal within Node Actions of the AWS GUI -- no ssh.
>
> The AWSU GUI terminal option works pretty well and makes connecting to bookmarked machines very convenient once authenticated. However, I can't
> figure out how to key in control sequences -- is there a reasonable way to do this?
>
> Rooting or doing hacky things with the phone is not an option. Any ideas appreciated.

If there isn’t a way to do it within Android directly, you might consider an external keyboard.  I have one that’s the size of a large TV remote that has control and alt keys.  It’s not the most convenient thing, but it works in a pinch.

(I was using it because of some problem keys on my laptop, so I could finish a project before I repaired it)

-Joe

Sent from a mobile device with a crappy on screen keyboard and obnoxious "autocorrect"