Hi All,

From Monday, July 18th through Thursday, July 21st, SLA Maryland will be
hosting an online tech skills workshop from 10 am to 1 pm EST each day (See
our workshop site at amytrost.github.io/2022-07-18-SLA-MD)

Library Carpentry <https://librarycarpentry.org/> is made by people working
in library- and information-related roles to help you:

   - automate repetitive, boring, error-prone tasks
   - create, maintain and analyze sustainable and reusable data
   - work effectively with IT and systems colleagues
   - better understand the use of software in research
   - and much more...

*For more information on what the Carpentries teach and why, please see
their paper "Library Carpentry: software skills training for library
professionals <https://doi.org/10.18352/lq.10176>". *

We are looking for people with a grasp of any of the topics below to help
attendees who might be struggling with the lesson. In particular, we need 1
or two people to help with the Unix shell lesson on Tuesday and the Git
lesson on Thursday. Offers of help for the other lessons are appreciated as
well, though! Please let me know if you are interested, preferably in the
next couple of days.

Monday, 7/18, 10-1 EST *Regular Expressions*

Tuesday, 7/19 10-1 EST *Unix Shell*

Wednesday, 7/20 10-1 EST* Tidy Data (Spreadsheets)*

Thursday, 7/21 10-1 EST* Git*

Thank you so much, and have a great week!

Best,

Sarah Green
SLA Maryland