Dear Colleagues,

I’d like to share this recently published report and affiliated discussion sessions. (Note: I have no affiliation with this report – just passing along the information).

The Effectiveness and Durability of Digital Preservation and Curation Systems (https://doi.org/10.18665/sr.316990)

Ithaka S+R

Oya Y. RiegerRoger C. SchonfeldLiam Sweeney

This report shares “findings from a broad examination of the digital preservation and curation system landscape, drawn in part from deep dives into eight systems: APTrust, Archivematica, Arkivum, Islandora, LIBNOVA, MetaArchive, Samvera and Preservica.”

A series of open forums to discuss the report’s findings with members of relevant digital preservation systems, the higher education community, funders, and policymakers are scheduled for the dates and times below (links are to register).

Session 1: Monday, August 1, 2:00-3:00 pm (ET)

Session 2: Thursday, August 4, 9:00-10:00 am (ET)

Session 3: Tuesday, August 16, 11:00-noon (ET)

Best,

Jennifer

--

Jennifer Ferretti (she/her/hers)
DLF Senior Program Officer

Please note: CLIR offices close at noon on Fridays.

📍 Based in Baltimore, MD, USA, the traditional territory of the Piscataway, Nentego (Nanticoke), and Susquehannock Peoples.
Digital Library Federation (DLF)

Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)
Alexandria, VA
https://www.diglib.org/
https://www.clir.org/