Alternatively, use the Filter feature, it adds sorting controls to each column and maintains the integrity of the rows.

On 8/2/22, 3:41 PM, "Code for Libraries on behalf of Tim McMahon" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    Highlight the column you want to sort on.  Excel will ask if you want to
    expand you selection.  Select expand and sort.  If you have a header row
    that you don't want to include in the sort, use the custom sort and
    check 'My data has headers'.

    --
    *Tim McMahon*
    West Liberty Public Library