My esteemed listmates,

Any Excel experts in the list?

I created an Excel spreadsheet in Excel 365 in Windows 10.

1st column is the person’s last name, 2nd column is the person’s first name
and the there are 5 separate columns with different data associated with
each respective person in those 5 columns.

I thought I could highlight all the data in all 5 columns and select Data >
Sort and then choose A-Z it sorts all the names listed by last name in
alphabetical order but that doesn’t work.

How should I proceed to sort so the person’s last name (say A is listed
first) and the person with the name beginning with the letter W is listed
last without screwing up the pertinent info associated with that person’s
other date in the 5 other columns?

Thank you.

Charles.