My only addition to the comments already shared is that there might also be
"certifications" offered by some of your software vendors that would be
useful as an overview for someone new-ish to library systems work. If you
use Ex Libris products, for example, they've got some of these sorts of
programs--I've done the Alma and Primo VE Administration Certifications.
While I won't claim those have been super useful in terms of day-to-day
workflows and troubleshooting (listservs are way better for this), the
trainings were very helpful as an overview of the range of designed
capabilities in those systems. Other vendors may have something similar.
~Cindy

--
Cindy Bowen
Systems Librarian